KSC has been declared Weather Safe.
- Hurricane Dorian has moved out of our area. KSC has been declared “Weather Safe” as of Wednesday, September 4, at 1 p.m.
- KSC and the Visitor Complex remain closed through Thursday, September 5.
- KSC and the Visitor Complex are scheduled to reopen Friday, September 6.
- Beginning with first shift, KSC employees are to return to work for normally scheduled work hours Friday morning pending any significant damage to specific work areas.
- For center status and return to work instructions, continue to check your email, the KSC Recorded Center Status Lines at 861-7900 or 866-KSC-HURR (866-572-4877), or this site (http://kscsos.com) for updated information.
KSC Ride-Out Team members only:
- ROT is currently conducting the initial damage assessment.
KSC DART members only:
- KSC DART will report to the center Thursday, September 5, at 8 a.m., at the KSC Training Auditorium.
KSC Access Schedule:
- Only Ride-Out Team personnel are permitted on KSC at this time.
- Exploration Park and Visitor Complex designated essential personnel can access their facilities.
- Center and mission partner designated essential personnel can access the center Thursday, September 5, at 11 a.m.
- KSC Security Gates 3 and 4 will be open for designated essential personnel and incoming DART personnel only.
- All Security Gates will reopen for employees at normal times beginning Friday, September 6. Gate 2 will open as normally scheduled at 5:30 a.m.
- NASA Civil Service employees. In accordance with 5 C.F.R. Part 610, subpart C, the Center Director has determined that the closure of Kennedy Space Center on September 2, is necessary because normal operations of the Center are interrupted by Hurricane Dorian – an event beyond the control of NASA management or employees. Accordingly, all NASA civil servants are relieved from duty with pay on September 2, through September 5. All civil servants must return to regular duty or be in a proper leave status beginning Friday, September 6.
- Contractor employees with questions about their attendance requirements should contact their management.
- Travel: Supervisors and employees should discuss travel plans that may be impacted by Hurricane Dorian. If travel plans need to be changed, travelers should call CI Travel at 1-855-896-7941. Any other travel-related questions may be directed to Ryan Richards at 321-603-9374 or to Tony Derbyshire at 321-298-5607.