KSC remains Closed.
- KSC was declared “Weather Safe” as of Wednesday, September 4.
- KSC and the Visitor Complex remain closed through Thursday, September 5.
- KSC and the Visitor Complex are scheduled to reopen Friday, September 6.
- KSC DART will report to the KSC Training Auditorium Building M7-351 no later than 8 a.m. for the DART Briefing on Thursday, September 5.
- Beginning with first shift, KSC employees are to return to work for normally scheduled work hours Friday morning unless otherwise notified. Employees should continue to monitor official communications for updates.
KSC Access Schedule:
- DART Team personnel are permitted on KSC Thursday, September 5.
- Center and mission partner designated essential personnel can access the center Thursday, September 5, at 11 a.m.
- Exploration Park and Visitor Complex designated essential personnel can access their facilities.
- KSC Security Gates 3 and 4 will be open for designated essential personnel and incoming DART personnel
- All Security Gates will reopen for employees at normal times beginning Friday, September 6. Gate 2 will open as normally scheduled at 5:30 a.m.
- NASA Civil Service employees. In accordance with 5 C.F.R. Part 610, subpart C, the Center Director has determined that the closure of Kennedy Space Center on September 2, is necessary because normal operations of the Center are interrupted by Hurricane Dorian – an event beyond the control of NASA management or employees. Accordingly, all NASA civil servants are relieved from duty with pay on September 2, through September 5. All civil servants must return to regular duty or be in a proper leave status beginning Friday, September 6.
- Contractor employees with questions about their attendance requirements should contact their management.
- Travel: Supervisors and employees should discuss travel plans that may be impacted by Hurricane Dorian. If travel plans need to be changed, travelers should call CI Travel at 1-855-896-7941. Any other travel-related questions may be directed to Ryan Richards at 321-603-9374 or to Tony Derbyshire at 321-298-5607.
For center status and return to work instructions, continue to check your email, the KSC Recorded Center Status Lines at 861-7900 or 866-KSC-HURR (866-572-4877), or this site (http://kscsos.com) for updated information.